01621 77 88 44
Potato and broccoli soup
3-4 cloves garlic
400g potatoes (peeled weight)
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
700ml veg stock
Salt and pepper
1. Peel and chop onions, finally chop thyme and add to a medium pan with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt, cook until soft, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Peel and chop garlic, add to onions and cook off for 3-5 minutes.
3. Peel and chop potatoes into one inch cubes, add to onion mix, along with 300ml of the vegetable stock. Cook until soft, this will take 15-20 minutes.
4. Remove broccoli florets from stalk and set aside, peel and chop broccoli stalk and add to potatoes.
5. Once potatoes have softened, add the remaining vegetable stock and broccoli florets,cook until tender, about 5-8 minutes.
6. Once all vegetables are cooked, remove pot from heat and blend soup with stick blender, if necessary, thin with extra stock or hot water. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve with a sprinkle of toasted seed on top and a drizzle of olive oil.
Recipe by Regina of Kitchen Table Baking https://kitchentablebaking.wordpress.com/ Instagram @Kitchentablebaking