01621 77 88 44
Roast vegetable and lentil stew
This stew is great for meal prepping ahead of time, it takes little effort to throw together on a Sunday evening, ready for the week ahead. It’s also a very versatile dish, it can be served with pasta, rice and quinoa or even made into a vegetable lasagne. It also pairs well with eggs and is beautiful served with two poached eggs and a side of sourdough.
2-3 red onions
1 bulb of garlic
1 can of tomatoes
1 carton of passata
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoon mixed herbs
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon cumin
200g canned green lentils (drained and rinsed)
1. Chop red onions, courgette and aubergine into cubes, add to a lined baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with cumin and a pinch of salt. Drizzle garlic with a little olive oil, wrap separately in tin foil and place on tray. Bake at 180c for 25-30 minutes, or until all vegetables are soft.
2. Place canned tomatoes, passata, maple syrup, herbs and lentils into a medium/large saucepan and place on a medium heat.
3. When cooked, remove vegetables from oven and add to tomato sauce. Remove garlic from tin foil and mash 3-4 medium cloves with a fork, add to tomato sauce. (The remaining garlic can be stored in the fridge for up to five days and used to make garlic butter for garlic bread or added to further sauces.)
4. Bring stew to boil, reduce heat and cook on low/medium for 20 minutes, stirring every so often.
5. Serve with pasta, rice or quinoa.
This stew will keep well for up to four days in the fridge or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Recipe by Regina of Kitchen Table Baking https://kitchentablebaking.wordpress.com/ Instagram @Kitchentablebaking