01621 77 88 44
Quinoa, broad bean and mint salad
This is a lovely fresh and zesty salad, perfect for these warm sunny days!
Serves 1 as a main or 2 as a side
150g cooked quinoa
200g shelled broad beans
2 stems of mint, finely chopped
½ small red onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
Zest of ½ a lemon
2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1. Cook quinoa according to instructions on packet, allow to cool.
2. Place pumpkin seeds in oven at 150c for 15-20 minutes - be sure to check on them after 10 minutes to make sure they do not burn.
3. Pod the broad beans and place in boiling water, boil for 3-5 minutes until tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool, once cooled remove the skins from the beans.
4. Place all dressing ingredients in bowl and mix well, set aside until needed.
5. Finely chop onion and mint, add to a medium bowl.
6. Add beans, quinoa and pumpkin seeds to onion mix, add dressing and mix well.
7. Garnish with extra mint and pumpkin seeds.
Why not serve with smoked salmon, flaked poached salmon or shredded chicken.
When cooking quinoa I use a ratio of 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water. Add quinoa to saucepan along with water and bring to boil, then reduce heat and cook for 10-15 minute until all the water is gone. Remove the sauce from the heat and leave to steam for another 10 minutes with the lid on.
Recipe by Regina of Kitchen Table Baking https://kitchentablebaking.wordpress.com/ Instagram @Kitchentablebaking