01621 77 88 44
Mini chard, courgette and onion frittatas
These little mini frittatas are perfect picnic food, they are easy to prepare and packed with nutrition!
Makes 6 small frittatas
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
4 stalks of chard
2 tablespoons milk
Pumpkin seeds (optional)
1. Chop courgette in rounds and then into half-moons, place on a roasting tin, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven at 180c and roast for 20 minutes.
2. Peel and finely chop onion, add to a saucepan with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt, cook until soft, 5-8 minutes.
3. Wash and finely chop chard, cook stalks along with onions.
4. Peel and crush garlic, add to onions and cook for 3-5 minutes.
5. Add chard leaves to onion mix, cook until wilted and soft, remove from heat.
6. Remove courgettes from oven and add to onions, mix well.
7. Whisk eggs with milk, season with salt and pepper and set aside while you prepare your muffin tin, you can use muffin cases or cut square pieces of parchment paper and press into the muffin tin.
8. Place one table spoon of veggie mix into each muffin case, then top with egg mix and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.
9. Place in preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes at 180c.
These frittatas are very versatile, you can add all sorts to them, here’s a few flavour suggestions:
Chorizo and potato
Squash and red onion
Cheese and herbs
Asparagus and pea
Wild garlic pesto
Tomato and pesto
Recipe by Regina of Kitchen Table Baking https://kitchentablebaking.wordpress.com/ Instagram @Kitchentablebaking