01621 77 88 44
Salmon teriyaki with noodles and pak choi
Pak choi is such a delicious versatile vegetable, add it to stir fry’s, broths or just simply steam it! It’s the perfect vegetable for week nights as it’s bursting with nutrients and quick to prepare! This meal can be ready in under 30 minutes if you prepare your sauce ahead of time, I advise making the sauce Sunday evening as it will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
4 salmon fillets
4 heads of pak choi
4 nests of noodles
Teriyaki sauce (see recipe below)
2 garlic cloves
Olive oil for cooking
1. Prepare the teriyaki sauce and leave to cool.
2. Preheat oven at 180 c and line a try with baking parchment.
3. Place the salmon fillets on tray and spoon two tables spoons of teriyaki sauce over each fillet (reserve a little sauce to stir through the noodles), place in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Put the noodles on to boil, cook according to packet instructions, usually 7-9 minutes.
5. Peel and grate garlic and prepare the pak choi , finely chopping the stems and leaves. Add the garlic to a frying pan with a little oil and a pinch of salt, fry for 2-3 minutes, then add the pak choi stems, frying for a further 3-4 minutes. Add the pak choi leaves once the stems have softened, cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Drain off the noodles and stir 3-4 tablespoons through the noodles before plating.
7. Remove salmon from oven and place on top of noodles, adding a portion of pak choi on the side of each dish.
30ml liquid aminos or soya sauce
1 garlic clove
1 inch piece of ginger
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon of coconut sugar or brown sugar
3 teaspoons cornflour
1. Peel and finely grate ginger and garlic, add to a small saucepan.
2. Dissolve corn flour in 25ml of the water and add to saucepan.
3. Add all remaining ingredients to saucepan, bring to boil then reduce to a medium heat and boil until mixture thickens, 6-8 minutes.
4. Remove sauce from heat and allow to cool.
Recipe by Regina of Kitchen Table Baking https://kitchentablebaking.wordpress.com/ Instagram @kitchentablebaking