01621 77 88 44
Purple sprouting broccoli and green lentil salad, with creamy garlic dressing
This recipe makes for a quick and tasty lunch, light dinner or side dish, it’s amazing how a few simple ingredients can create such a delicious dish! The creaminess of the garlic dressing really ties the dish together, and works beautifully with the purple sprouting. Purple sprouting broccoli needs little cooking and its tender stems can even be enjoyed raw, making it the perfect vegetable for quick week day lunches and dinners!
300g cooked green lentils*
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoon olive oil
200g purple sprouting broccoli
1 tablespoon of mixed toasted seeds
Pinch of salt
½ garlic clove crushed
60g unsweetened plain yoghurt*
2-3 teaspoons of hot water
1. Place lentils, lemon juice, olive oil and sea salt in a saucepan and place on a low heat, cook until hot, checking regularly.
2. Place broccoli in a separate saucepan with freshly boiled water and blanch until tender, 3-5 minutes.
3. Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl and mix until well combined, careful not to add to much water, you just want to bring the dressing to a drizzling consistency.
4. Remove broccoli from heat and drain off all liquid.
4. To serve, place the lentils and broccoli in serving dish, drizzle the garlic dressing over and scatter the toasted seeds on top.
1. Substitute dairy based yoghurts for unsweetened plant based yoghurt if required.
2. If using dried lentils, make sure to soak your lentils the night before and cook the following day according to package instructions.
3. For extra protein you could even add some steamed white fish, poached chicken or tofu.
Recipe by Regina of Kitchen Table Baking https://kitchentablebaking.wordpress.com/ Instagram @Kitchentablebaking